|Mrs. Brandy Candler
Mrs. Brandy Candler is a College Connection Coach from Ivy Tech Community College who provides guidance and support for students interested in exploring college and career opportunities. Mrs. Candler will be working with students from Bloomfield, Eastern-Greene, WRV, and Linton.
Mrs. Candler earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Communication Studies with a minor in Marketing from Indiana State University in 1998.
Mrs. Candler began her admission counseling profession as Assistant Director of Admission at Ivy Tech Community College, Indianapolis. The opportunity to move to the Indiana State University Admission office came in 2002, and she served as Admission Counselor. Mrs. Candler had the opportunity to return to Ivy Tech Community College as the Assistant Director of Admission for the Terre Haute – Ivy Tech Community College. Mrs. Candler was in charge of part-time staff, student workers, international students and on-campus visit programs in the Office of Admission, as well as serving as the Admission Representative for thirteen high schools and two career centers.
Mrs. Candler is an active member of Indiana Association for College Admissions Counseling (IACAC) and National ACAC (since 1998). She has served as a Committee Chair and Delegate many times. Mrs. Candler also has served as IACAC President 2012-2013, and served on the Board of Directors as Coordinator-Elect of the President's Counsel of National ACAC. She is a member of Indiana ACT.
While Mrs. Candler enjoys working with students planning for college, she also enjoys time with her family! She married her husband Jeff in 1999, and they have two children; son Dakota (2004), and daughter Mia (2006). You can find her cheering on her kids at sporting events (Basketball, Baseball, Soccer, Cross Country) and 4-H events (Sheep, Swine, Poultry).
Mrs. Candler is at Bloomfield Jr./Sr. HS on Wednesdays and would love to speak with students about Ivy Tech dual credit and college planning for a 2yr or 4yr college. Contact Mrs. Candler at 812-381-9705 Ext. 115 or email email@example.com
What is a college connection coach?
A College Connection Coach provides guidance and support to students and helps them explore future career and college opportunities.
What Services Does the College Connection Coach Provide?
- College transition services, assistance with admissions applications, financial aid, and college visits
- Assistance with exploring careers, education, and training options
- Development of an academic/career plan
- Free small group workshops on career planning and college
- In-class presentations on career and college-readiness
- Assistance reviewing Indiana Career Explorer assessment results
- Administration of the Choices Planner career assessment test
- Information about dual-credit classes. To learn more about dual credit, visit IvyTech.edu/dual-credit
Who Should Visit the College Connection Coach?
A student should visit their College Connection Coach if he or she is:
- Uncertain who to do after high school
- Thinking about signing up for a dual-credit class
- Not sure what to do with the college credits they've already earned
- In need of assistance with a college application
- Thinking about applying for college scholarships/financial aid
How Do I Contact the College Connection Coach?
See Mrs. Candler's contact information above. Students can also stop by the guidance office and ask Mrs. Crane for more information. Mrs. Crane can also connect students with Mrs. Candler.